Vitamins are vital for Healthy and managable hair. Certain hair vitamins work better for some people and other vitamins may work better for other people. People can consume vitamins, whether through diet or orally, are usually much, much more effective for healthy hair growth than the hair products that contain such vitamins or ingredients in chemical or other forms.
Vitamins for hair thickness and growth :
1) Vitamin B6, B12 and B3 : Their deficiency lead to hair loss and premature graying of hair. They also contribute in production of melanin which gives color to your hair.
Vitamin B6 regulates hormones. a deficiency of Vitamin B6 can result into depression and stress, which in turn lead to hair loss. Vitamin B12 is an important vitamin for hair growth. Vitamin C and Iron help in absorption of vitamin B12 in your body. Vitamin B3 stimulates blood circulation to the scalp.
Whole grains, meat, fish, chicken, turkey, wheat germs, vegetables, egg yolks, and milk are great source of these vitamins. and taking Vitamin B complex for whole vitamin B vitamins.
2) Vitamin C: It helps in maintaining hair color, growth. Deficiency of Vitamin C can lead to dry and brittle hair that can break easily.
Human body does not produce this vitamin, therefore, this vitamin must be obtained either through diet or supplements.
Citrus fruits, berries, peppers, kiwi, pineapple, green vegetables, Indian goose berry are good source of vitamin C.
3) Biotin: Biotin is also known as Hair Vitamin, if not the best vitamin for hair growth, thickness and its strength.
It helps in producing keratin, a protein made in the scalp. Biotin deficiency can lead to loss of hair, eyebrows, eye lashes and premature graying of hair.
Whole grains, milk and rice are good source of Biotin.
4) Vitamin A: A deficiency of Vitamin D results into dehydrated and dry hair that is prone to breakage.
It keeps the hair moisturized resulting into less breakage and healthy hair.
Meat, eggs, spinach, cabbage, carrots, peaches, cheese and milk are good source of Vitamin A.
5) Vitamin D: Vitamin D helps in calcium absorption and bone growth. Its deficiency causes dry and damaged hair. Fortified milk is one of the very few foods that provide vitamin D.
6) Vitamin E: Vitamin E stimulates circulation to your scalp by augmenting oxygen uptake in your bloodstream. It helps in stopping hair loss and in some cases even reversing hair loss due to its ability to grow new blood vessels. Many hair products contain vitamin E, as it keeps hair hydrated and make them shiny.
7) Zinc: Zinc helps in cell regeneration, sebum production in your scalp and contributes to protein synthesis. So, a zinc deficiency results into hair loss.
8) Iron: An iron deficiency, even if not that acute to cause anemia, can be a cause for or aggravate your hair loss. There are ample proofs that women who suffer through hair loss have lower levels of iron than those women who don’t. Whatever may be the cause for your hair loss, an iron deficiency further aggravates the hair loss.
Information courtesy by “http://naturalbeautytips.co/”