Protecting your lips from dryness is not just important for appearance, but also for health. They will also effect your smile and damage your self esteem. You may have issues of bacterial infections, cold sores and other problems.
Various reasons for chapped lips, few of that are extremely common :
– Weather change – heat or cold
– Licking your lips is the worst habit
– Product with chemical preservatives
– Leaving the lipstick on, while going to sleep
– Usage of excessive chemicals on lips.
– Using lip balm products with alcohol, retinol & menthol
– Aging plays a very important role in causing dry lips
– Biting your lips will result in bleeding and cracked lips
– Any form of alcohol can provoke skin irritation
– Touching lips with fingers will transfer the bacteria on your hands to your lips and cause infections
Protecting Your Lips :
– Keep away your self from smoking, because smoking can spoil your lips. ( lost the natural lip color and texture)
– Stop licking your lips.
– Always keep your lips moisturized by applying a natural lip balm.
– Apply lip balm before going to bed.
– Choose lip balms with extra moisturizing agents (like Shea butter, Aloe Vera, Glycerin, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Coconut Oil, Vitamin A & D)in winter season.
– For Daily lipstick, use choose the ones with moisturizing ingredients.