What is Keratin Straightening Treatment all about?
– Keratin Hair Straightening Treatment is the process of applying Keratin artificially on the hair to make it shiny, straight and frizz free.
– The straightening effect of this treatment lasts for about 2 and half months.
– The treatment will take a maximum of Two hours to finish.
It’s a miracle hair treatment that can make hair immediately shine and frizz free, leaving your hair straight and easy to maintain.This hassle free treatment has made it popular amongst women. It’s easy and has fast results.
Pros and Cons :
– This Hair Treatment is safe for hair and is available after extensive research.
– It makes hair super soft and silky.
– It makes Hair shiny just like in the TV ads.Sleek and manageable hair adds a layer of sophistication to your look. It’s easier to move out in the morning without spending an hour straightening.
– It is suitable for all hair types.
– The treatment claims to have no side effects.
– Suitable for both men and women.
– It obviates the need for chemical hair products like sprays and mousse. It is a replacement of keratin protein on hair that gives very good results.
– This treatment provides extra care from sun and pollution from the atmosphere and also repairs the damaged hair cuticles. In the first week after the Keratin hair straightening treatment the hair may look little dull because of too much keratin build up on the hair. But not to worry, it the final results once the treatment has settled are worth it!
– It is an expensive treatment.Research all your options before investing in this treatment.For me it’s the convenience v/s the cost
– Pregnant women should not go for this hair treatment.This product may emit some gases which are not suitable for pregnant women.Avoid any chemical hair treatment during pregnancy as they may contain formaldehyde.
– You need to use Sodium chloride free shampoos and conditioners for washing and maintenance after the treatment.You will end up spending more money and effort in managing chemically treated hair
– For Better results you will need well-trained hair stylists increasing treatment cost.
– Chemically treated hair is prone to hair breakage and hair loss.This is not unique to this treatment.Perms and coloring also lead to same results.Take good care of your hair with leave in conditioners etc
– There is always a chance of allergic reactions.Hence opt for genuine products at a reputed salon.Insist upon a patch test to rule out any after effects like rash, itching etc.
Some Shampoos Contains Keratin For Better After Care:
– Sunsilk Hydra TLC with Nutri-Keratin, Shampoo
– Tresemme Keratin Shampoo
A few tips to keep in mind for this treatment :
– Proper care must be taken to protect your eyes and skin while undergoing this treatment
– Avoid repeating chemical hair treatments frequently.After this treatment give your hair a rest.Do not attempt another chemical treatment for the next 6-8 months.If you repeat these hair treatments aggressively you will incur extensive hair damage.Let your hair grow back.
Information courtesy by “http://www.stylecraze.com/”