Today lots of women in the world are tired of the their frizzy and unmanageable curly or wavy hairs and want to have plain, straight hair. but now a days Transforming hair type from curly and wavy to straight is possible through techniques of hair straightening. Generally 2 types of basic method used to manage the process 1) use of sodium based product to break keratin structure of hair to make manageable. 2) Use of an oxidant that helps to neutralize the keratin action is added to set the fibers of your hair accordingly.
Types Of Straightening :
1) Keratin treatment
2) Chemically straightened hair
3) Hair Rebonding
Keratin Treatment :
Keratin is natural protein present in your, nail, teeth and hair. Proper level of keratin makes your hair more straight and silky. now a days because of unbalanced food and age, keratin level decrease and your hair becomes ruff, frizzy and too dry. with this treatment basically add a coating of keratin on your hair shaft which leaves you with silky straight hair.It is also a lot safer to use on chemically treated and even damaged hair. In this treatment harmful chemicals not used to open and close hair cuticles for straightening. Keratin is a natural substance which made up 88% of your hair.
Even in process after applying keratin solution , flat iron used to seal the formula into your hair and it creates a moisture layer which reduces frizz and curls while promoting a shiny look. This process will be suggested by most hair technician and expert because it gives better results on repeated usage.
1) It is safe treatment for hair
2) No side effects to hair and suitable to men and women.
3) It makes your hair soft, silky and suitable for all types of hair.
4) This treatment provides extra care from sun and pollution and also repairs the damaged hair cuticles.
1) Pregnant women should not go for this hair treatment.
2) Expensive Treatment so not all can afford it.
3) After taking treatment, need to use keratin based shampoo and conditioner.
4) For managing keratin hair and better results you will need well-trained hair stylists & technician some times that increasing treatment cost.
Chemically straightened hair :
With this technique, it is all about breaking the bonds rather protein bonds in the hair with chemical solution. When the right number of bonds are broken then the curly or wavy hair becomes straight. This is the principle behind it.
For process, first apply shampoo to hair and wash your hair. next blow dry your hair and straighten them hot iron so that the chemical spread easily on your hair.Apply the straightening cream on your hair with the help of brush and comb so that hair is thoroughly treated. Leave it for 30 minutes without covering or heating the hair. Rinse your hair after 30 minutes with water thoroughly so that the complete chemical runs out with water. Squeeze out extra water and towel dry your hair. Now, you can again blow dry and use hot iron to get the straight look. Apply Neutralizer evenly on your hair with brush and comb your hair straight. Let it create magic on your hair for about 15 – 20 min. Rinse your hair with enough water so that the developer completely washes off from your hair.
1) Perfectly straight, sleek hair.
2) Straightened hair is resistant to humidity, heat, wind and hairstyle forming.
1) Chemical treatment inevitably damages and weakens hair.
2) It is well worth the money and not worth the risk of doing irreversible damage to the hair.
Hair Rebonding :
Rebonding is a hair treatment that makes your hair straight, sleek and shiny. It is a permanent and expensive procedure. Each type of hair has a natural bond. Curly or wavy, are the result of natural bonds that give the hair its physical quality. The cream softener or relaxant used in the rebonding treatment breaks the hair structure. Then a neutraliser bonds the structure again and makes hair straight.
Process starts with hair wash with a mild shampoo. No conditioner is applied. after drying Hair is separated into parts. The cream softener or relaxant is applied to every hair shaft, keeping it straight. A thin plastic board is used to keep hair straight. and it kept on hair for at least half an hour or depending upon the hair type. than Hair is blow dried and then keratin lotion is applied.A flat iron is used to straighten hair further and break any remaining curls. Hair is again parted and a neutraliser is applied to set the bonds and stabilise the hair. It kept around 30 mins & The neutraliser is rinsed off with cold water. Hair is blow dried and hair serum is applied. A last touch of ironing is given with the straightening iron. Hair appears silky straight and shiny.
1) You will get permanent straight and silky hair.
2) You will surely have much less frizz.
1) Excessive use of chemicals makes hair dry, weak and can even lead to hairfall.
2) Hair rebonding can turn into a disaster if you do not take care of your hair.