In summer, many people complain about tanning but it’s not difficult to get back your original skin colour.
1. Homemade packs and scrubs can be used as an effective anti-tan measure. Combinations include packs made of lime juice with honey: lime juice with turmeric and milk: lime juice with cucumber juice and rose water. Scrubs can be made with oatmeal, yogurt, gram flour, tomato juice and lime juice as the key ingredients. Lime juice and tomato juice act as natural depigmenting agents whereas yogurt, honey and the others are hydrating agents.
2. In case the tan is severe treatments at a clinic can be carried out. These include microdermabrasion, superficial chemical peels and various lasers which can exfoliate the superficial layer of skin and bring out a brighter newer surface from within.
3. Various creams and serums can be also used in combination with the above to get rid of the tan. Kojic acid, licorice, glycolic acid with a generous amount of hyaluronic will lighten the skin as well hydrate it in case of any damage after the sun exposure. Visit your nearest dermatologist for a prescription.
4. Antioxidants either consumed in diet or in form of medication as well as applied topically can help to reduce the pigmentation and brighten the skin internally.
5. Slather on the sunscreen. When applied at regular intervals, it helps to prevent the tan to an extent and also heal the skin after the sun damage has taken